Ofsted Registered Nannies
Nannies who are Ofsted registered enable parents to use their childcare vouchers. The nannies are therefore more employable and there is an increasing demand for ofsted registered nannies due to the financial benefits they bring. In addition to this they have proved that they are committed to their chosen profession and are ‘career nannies’
- To become an Ofsted registered nanny or to enable your nanny to become one they have to fulfil the following criteria
- Join the voluntary part of the childcare register
- Successfully complete an Ofsted Compliant Core Skills & Knowledge training course IF the applicant does not have an Ofsted recognised childcare qualification.
- Successfully complete an Ofsted compliant Paediatric First Aid qualification
- Complete a DBS check or provide details of registration with DBS update service (see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/disclosure-and-barring-service-dbs-checks-for-childcare-providers-who-register-with-ofsted)
The London Nanny Agency will support and advise the nanny through her application. It can take up to 12 weeks to process. We do advise that if a nanny is required to become Ofsted registered by the parents then the parents pay for the cost of it as it is of financial benefit to them, not the nanny. This should be negotiated and agreed at the time of the job offer and acceptance.